Slides from my recent talk at the AACRAO Technology Conference in Chicago.
Here’s part of the description from my talk…I covered a lot in 60 minutes!
Technology: Where are we today? Where are we going tomorrow?
Responsive web design, mobile apps, early alert systems, “big” data, privacy and social media are all topics that are extremely relevant to the work of admissions and registrars professionals.
However, regardless of the technology tools, we have to remember this too:
— Eric Stoller (@EricStoller) July 2, 2012
Resources, links, videos, etc, after the jump.
Resources from my talk
- Big Data info at Wikipedia
- Responsive Web Design Directory
- An essay on Admissions-first mobile design from Seth Odell
- Article from EDUCAUSE on the future of Big Data
- Engadget’s Distro magazine…photos and inspiration for the “old tech to new tech” portion of my talk
- Dave Marshall’s Pinterest page of Admissions-first mobile sites
- Mobile stats for June, 2012 from Notre Dame
- Mobile stats from Google…more stats than you know what to do with!
- The always useful “Twitter for Business (and Higher Education)” site
- Learn Facebook Pages and the Facebook Page on Pages
- Splunk – big data for big business…coming soon to higher education enrollment management?
One more thing….a fantastic clip featuring Google Glass
Images from the deck