The Advanced Hydrologic Predictions Service’s data on Columbus Junction, Iowa is not looking good. The flood waters are now being predicted to crest at 34.8 ft. (more than 6 ft. higher than the previous record set in 1993.)
Previous historical flood water crests:
(1) 28.30 ft on 07/07/1993
(2) 24.28 ft on 05/30/2004
(3) 23.50 ft on 02/23/1997
(3) 23.50 ft on 05/12/1996
Impact of flood waters in Columbus Junction at various flood stages:
- 36.0 Water affects the Iowa Highway 92 bridge roadway.
- 31.8 Water is at the lowest portion of the midspan of the IA Hwy 92 bridge.
- 31.3 Water is at the lowest portion of the west abutment on the IA Hwy 92 bridge.
- 31.0 Water is on the west approach to the Iowa Highway 92 bridge.
- 31.0 Water is at the lowest portion of the east abutment of the IA Hwy 92 bridge.
- 23.0 Water affects residential property along the river south of the Iowa Highway 92 bridge.