An Assistant Dean of Students position just popped up in my Bloglines feedreader (Don’t worry, I’ll post more on ways to search for a job in student affairs using rss feeds and email digests…).
This position looks like it was written for me…if only I had 2-3 more years of experience. Sigh.
Assistant Dean of Students
- Assists in monitoring Student Affairs operations and serves as a resource and liaison for students, parents, faculty and staff.
- administration of the student conduct process
I have significant experience with student conduct processes, conduct codes, hearing committees, sanctions, informal hearings, restorative justice, and legal issues
- implementation of a new computerized database
I’m familiar with at least one application that interfaces with SCT Banner. It’s by Pave Systems and it harnesses the data rich environment of Banner.
- development and maintenance of the student affairs website editing and oversight of student affairs publications
I have 8+ years of experience in website design, editing, accessibility/usability testing. 4+ years of graphic design. My promotional pieces at UIC were often voluntarily posted on residence hall doors.
- assisting students with problem solving and making appropriate referrals
This was 80% of my job at UIC…
- staff development programs
I created a technology workshop series at OSU and a weekly in-service for my colleagues at UIC.
- development of programs and advocacy for commuter students
My position at UIC was devoted to programming for students (majority were commuter students).
- Master’s Degree in College Student Personnel or a related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years progressive experience in student affairs with at least 3-5 years of experience in student conduct administration.
I have 3.99 years of progressive student affairs experience.
I have never met a student affairs practitioner who meets the necessary qualifications for this position…
Student Conduct + Database Implementation + Web Design + Publications Design + Student Development Theory. This is my dream job!