PhotoShop Training Outline
• Hardware Requirements: 512mb of ram, 17inch or larger monitor
• Resolution: 600 DPI and 72 DPI
• Raster vs. Vector
• Layers Palette and editing
• Canvas Size and Image Size
• Pixels and Inches
• Crop Tool — We’ll cover this in the next session…
• Selection Tool
• Magnetic Lasso Tool
• Type Tool
• Eraser Tool
• Brush Tool
• Healing Brush Tool
• Fill Tool
• Eyedropper Tool
• Always save a .psd file. (Export as anything but you will lose editing control.)
• Undo Options
• History Palette
• Navigator Palette
• Actions Palette
New Features in CS: (Adobe just released PhotoShop CS2!!)
Color Matching: The new color match feature reads the color statistics of one image or layer and applies them to another. It can be used to quickly achieve a consistent look in a series of shots, such as in fashion or commercial photography, or to match color schemes in photos shot under different lighting conditions (useful for web images — maintain a consistent look).
File Browser: Preview images and useful for organization
Automatic Crop and Straighten: Scan multiple images ïƒ Run Crop and Straighten ïƒ Each image is automatically cropped into its own new document.
Color Replacement Tool: Change the color of any area of an image, while retaining original texture and shading.
Huge Document Support: Create images up to 300,000 by 300,000 pixels, simply enormous!