Odyssey and Academic Success Learning Contract:
- To gain experience in teaching first year students success skills at the
- To gain an experiential understanding course planning and implementation.
- To have a basic understanding of teaching at Oregon State University .
- Growth as a professional and a teacher.
- Develop the competencies of:
- 2a. Transitional issues faced by students before and after their tenure
in higher education settings
- 2c. The diversity of student populations including, but not limited
to, age, socioeconomic status, gender, race, and ethnicity, language,
nationality, religion or spirituality, sexual orientation, ability, and
- 3c. Organizational structure, dynamics, and leadership
- 6a. Develop and share ideas an concepts to students, staff, or faculty
groups outside of the CSSA classroom
- 6b. Incorporate original and innovative techniques that are appropriate
and engaging in sharing these ideas
- 6c. Reflect on the experience and make constructive changes and improvements
- 7a. Positively manage, develop, and engage in working relationships
with faculty, staff, and students across functional and institutional
- 7b. Initiate and participate in working alliance and teams with a
wide range of people across cultural boundaries.
- 7e. Manage and/or mediate conflict, crisis, or problematic circumstances
- 8a. Seek out a comprehensive and well-rounded graduate and professional
- 8e. Engage in thoughtful career planning and decision making exercises
Duties and Responsibilities
- Periodic meetings with practicum supervisor and other students teaching
- Development and implementation of course syllabus.
- Instruct both Odyssey (Fall 2005) and Academic Success (Winter 2006)
- Exhibit professional growth and competence through self-reflective journaling
via an online journal/blog.
- Fulfill 90 hours of practicum experience.